SharePoint In Action

An attempt to share my day-to-day SharePoint experience

Archive for the month “July, 2013”

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable (when openning Central Admin)

SharePoint 503 Error

SharePoint 503 Error

Hi all,

I got this error when I was trying to open the central admin. It’s usually an issue with the IIS and application pool that has been stopped. Just make suer your application pools are running by going through the steps below:

1- Try to refresh the application pool, if it stops again try the following steps:

2- In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, locate your application pool account and right click on it and choose “Advanced Settings”
Under “Process Model”, find “Identity”
In “Application Pool Identity” window, under “Custom Account” hit the button “Set”
Enter the correct user name and password

If that didn’t help you would need to make sure your SP_Farm and SP_ServiceApps accounts have “Log on as a Batch Job” right in your “Local Policies”. To verify that you would need to:

3- Go to Administrative Tools –> Local Security Policy –> User Rights Assignmet and make sure there is a “Log on as a batch job” policy there

Cheers,
Nader Heshmat

Advertisements

Error: The Method “GetItems” of the type “List” with id “{Lists’s Guid}” is blocked by the administrator on the server

Hi all,

I was using SharePoint Client Object Model when I got the error above. Basically I was trying to get all items from a list using JavaScript’s get_lists function. It seems the function is inaccessible in anonymous mode. The solution is removing the function GetItems from AnonymousRestrictedTypes using PowerShell:

$web = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://your web address
$web.ClientCallableSettings.AnonymousRestrictedTypes.Remove( [Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList],"GetItems")
$web.Update()

and in case you change your mind later, you can addf GetItems to AnonymousRestrictedTypes using commands below:

$web = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://your web address
$web.ClientCallableSettings.AnonymousRestrictedTypes.Add( [Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList],"GetItems")
$web.Update()

Hope that was useful!

Cheers,
Nader Heshmat

Post Navigation